[OS X TeX] Looking texh4t and OpenDocument feedback

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat May 27 00:01:22 CEST 2006

Am 26.05.2006 um 16:30 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

> Is this a working solution for long, complex documents, is it
> actually worth totry to finetune my document?

I worked with TeX4ht and HeVeA (http://pauillac.inria.fr/~maranget/
hevea/) on documents one might call complex and I don't think that
they are useful convertors. Their output is quite different from the
(La)TeX output that one instantly starts to ask: where is any
relationship? After some days spent with an HTML editor there might
become some resemblance visible ...

What do you think of the Generalized Extensible LaTeX-Like MarkUp
(GELLMU) at http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/igl/igl.xhtml?

My present opinion is that XML might a good choice for conversions
into many different formats. The only question I have: how do I
convert from LaTeX to XML?!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"A mathematician is a machine that turns coffee into theorems."