[OS X TeX] [Slightly OT] LaTeX equations/fonts in Keynote -> PowerPoint

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Mon May 22 19:51:16 CEST 2006

Apologize in advance for this slightly off topic message.

I am preparing the slides for some major conference using Keynote. In
the slides, I extensively use LaTeXiT to generate all the equations,
and symbols/characters for figures ... etc. Along with that, I also
employed some unique features of Keynote to make some simple
animations.

However, I learned just now that the conference requires each speaker
to upload their slides to the pre-installed computer with only
PowerPoint installed.

Would PowerPoint be able to read most of the Keynote slides? Also,
how's the compatibility? I am sure the simple slide function is OK,
but I am more concerned about the equations and fonts.

I would appreciate if someone could provide his/her own experiences
and things to pay attention to.

The conference is CLEO, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

JT