[OS X TeX] Re: Installing a package on Mac-TeX

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:49:16 CEST 2006

On 5/22/06, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
> Le 22 mai 06 à 09:35, Morten Høgholm a écrit :
>
> > I personally find it faster to use the MiKTeX Package Manager for
> > *nix, which also allows for updating and uninstall. And yes, I know I
> > keep talking about but that's because it works very well! :-)
>
> Thanks for mentioning this, I had forgotten about it!
>
> Could you report on your experience at compiling and using it? The
> instructions for compilation in the included README mention libcurl
> should be present and recent enough:

It is very easy to configure and install. I followed the readme and
made sure everything was put in /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ with
the configure flag. Then make and make install and that was it.

> Another question is compatibility with the design of gwTeX, namely
> with the use of /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ and ~/Library/
> texmf/. IIRC you're using a custom TeXLive-base design, isn't it?

I just use i-Installer and the usual setup and by installing
everything into one of these places it just works. Of course, one has
to have the right permissions when installing into texmf.local but
that's no surprise.

Morten