[OS X TeX] Turning eps to pdf problems

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Mon May 22 07:32:50 CEST 2006

I have written a little perl script to help you recover your files.

--- script follows ---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
undef $/;
@prolog = split(/$!PS-Adobe/, <>);
@grist = split(/%%EOF/, $prolog[1]);

     open(OUTFILE, ">recovered.Eps");
     print OUTFILE "%!PS-Adobe" . "$grist[0]" . "%%EOF\n";
     close OUTFILE;
--- end of script ---

Just copy the content of the script into a text file and save it as
something like 'recovereps.pl' and make sure to 'chmod 755

Then when you need to use it, copy it to your working directory and
'./recovereps.pl mystubborn.eps'

This will leave you with a file called 'recovered.eps' that you can
rename as you wish. I wish I had the time to make a more elegant
solution, perhaps someone else on this list can help you from here.