[OS X TeX] Re: Installing a package on Mac-TeX

John Burt burt at brandeis.edu
Mon May 22 02:44:15 CEST 2006

1. Download the package and expand the tar or zip file.
2. Move the package to somewhere on your texinputs search path. Mac-TeX
makes several texmf trees, some of which will be overwritten if you
upgrade Mac-TeX, and others will be left alone. You want to put the file
in one of the latter. The best place is in the texmf folder that is in
Home/library. I put my packages in a directory which has a path like
this Home/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mypackages.
3. From the terminal, issue the command texhash.

Then you are ready to roll!

John Burt