[OS X TeX] PracTeX Journal 2006-2 released (fwd)

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Thu May 18 19:23:58 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:10:52 -0700
From: Lance Carnes <lacarnes at gmail.com>
To: pracjourn at tug.org
Subject: PracTeX Journal 2006-2 released

Dear PracTeX Journal reader,

The latest issue of The PracTeX Journal has been released
http://tug.org/pracjourn/ --- see the Table of Contents below.  We hope you
enjoy the articles.

If you like what you read, or have comments, send your feedback to the
editors <pracjourn at tug.org>.  We always appreciate hearing from our
readers.  For a behind-the-scenes look at the Journal see the
Wiki<http://wiki.pctex.com/index.php?title=PracTeXJournal>--- feel
free to log in and suggest article topics.

The next issue's theme is "Productivity using TeX and
friends,"<http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/editor/#NextIssue>and will
be edited by David Walden.  Let
him know <pracjourn at tug.org?subject=Productivity%20article%20idea> if you
have an article idea for the theme issue, or any other article idea .

Feel free to post a link to the Journal on lists that you frequent or on web
sites that you maintain.

Thanks for reading the Journal,

Lance Carnes
on behalf of the Editorial Board

Table of Contents:

Presentations in ConTeXt <http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/schmitz>
   Thomas A. Schmitz

Ipe --- a graphics editor for LaTeX
<http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/hlavacek>
   Jan Hlavacek

Introduction to "A short example of how to use LaTeX for scientific
reports"<http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/eglen>
   Stephen J. Eglen

My Experience with Learning and Teaching
LaTeX<http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/venugopal>
   D.V.L.K.D.P. Venugopal

In My Opinion: <http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/roberts>
      LaTeX isn't for everyone but it could be for you (with responses)
   Andy Roberts

*Columns*
Travels in TeX Land: LaTeX for Productivity in Book

Writing<http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/walden>
   David Walden

Ask Nelly: <http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/asknelly>
      What is different when I click on the pdfLaTeX rather than the LaTeX
icon in WinEdt?

      How do I convert my document to the publisher's requirements for
double-spacing, line numbers, and figures on their own pages?

      How do I interrupt an enumerate environment and then continue it later
in the document?

   The Editors

Distractions: <http://tug.org/pracjourn/2006-2/distract>
      Sudoku ABC