[OS X TeX] Using OTF-fonts for TeX

Moritz Biskup moritz.biskup at uni-konstanz.de
Thu May 11 14:08:09 CEST 2006

Thanks,
I am trying to use the LCDF-Tools right now; they seem to be what I
want. But I am running into one problem, when I try to build them they
require kpathsea as a library; somehow I can't find it in the TeX-tree
although texdoc kpathsea shows some documentation. Can anyone point me
to the location of the kpathsea - library and headers ?

Thanks,
Moritz

Zitat von Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>:

> Am 10.05.2006 um 20:43 schrieb Moritz Biskup:
>
> > Can anybody give me a hint regarding the conversion of otf-files
> into
> > pfb/afm ??
>
> PFB and AFM files can have many glyphs -- but the ENCODING may only
>
> have 256 elements.
>

> > Or will I have to split the Pro files somehow into the old
> standard/
> > expert scheme??
>
> Create a PFB (and, if needed, an AFM) file and use different
> encodings, for example 8r and 8x/8xi. When preparing entries for a
> MAP file you have to give an encoding ...
>

> Do you know of the LCDF typetools? http://www.lcdf.org/type/
> Here is a description: http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~jowens/code/
> otftex_install/
>
> --