[OS X TeX] Re: [XeTeX] texdoc, was: Microtypography?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:16:10 CEST 2006

texdoc:  texdoc is a simple sh script; it

# Uses kpsewhich to find a .dvi, .pdf or .ps file along the
# 'TeX system documentation' ($TEXDOCS, default: $TEXMF/doc) search path.

kpsewhich is well documented. Still, it is not clear how txt or html
files are found and which of all these files is displayed if few are
found; I believe that {dvi, ps, pdf} have precedence over {txt,html}
and probably dvi takes precedence over everything else. Not clear if
tex files are covered at all.

texdoctk: some time ago on my Mac OS10.4 I installed it just by
downloading first the perl module and running it under perl so no
.cpan was created

                                                                      Victor