[OS X TeX] Re: [XeTeX] Microtypography?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue May 9 23:58:06 CEST 2006

I use the command texdoc for years to my satisfaction. The terminal
is the first application that I open after starting my machine, and
it stays open till an eventual shutdown or reboot.

Typing, e.g.,

texdoc natbib

in the terminal takes about two seconds, and the corresponding manual
of natbib.sty is opened in Preview as a pdf file  2 seconds later.
The same behaviour applies to virtual all manuals of latex packages
which are stored on my machine, be it a dvi or ps file. Every support
document (dvi or ps) will be converted to pdf and opened in Preview.

I would definitely give texdoc a try, and don't be afraid of the
Terminal, it is your friend.

Claus