[OS X TeX] Installing TeXShop on an Intel Mac

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue May 9 01:18:08 CEST 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.05.2006 um 19:00 schrieb George Gratzer:
>
>> Gary was so enthused with his Intel MacBook Pro that I decided to
>> buy one.
>
> Why can't nobody wait until Apple includes the REAL chip, the
> Merom?! The one that offers Vanderpool and does not need Parallels
> to see some strange Windows from BSD or Linux.

All I know is that I am typesetting over four times faster than I was
on my PowerBook G4. I will have many months that tremendous speedup
before Apple ships computers with Merom (they probably won't be in
people's hands until Sept or Oct at the earliest). For me, that is
many thousands of typesetting runs and a lot of saved time.

In addition, why can't you be a little more polite when responding to
people on this list? An awfully large number of your responses could
really use for you to do a little yoga to increase your level of
tranquility before hitting the "send" button. Be nice -- you'll live
longer.

-- Gary