[OS X TeX] Referring to custom labels in enumerate environments

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon May 8 00:51:49 CEST 2006

Hello Haris, and Peter,

On 07/05/2006, at 4:34 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> HI Peter,
> On May 7, 2006, at 1:15 AM, Peter Pagin wrote:
>

> I think I just found an easy way to do it though, by combining your
> idea with restricting the scope. I.e.
> {\renewcommand{\theenumi}{T\arabic{enumi}}
> \begin{enumerate}
>   \item One
>   \item Two
>   \item Three
> \end{enumerate}
> }
>
> Then the renewing of the command has no effect outside of the
> group, and \ref commands seem to print the right thing even outside
> of the group.

Yes. This works -- given a \label  command  for each item --
because the \ref uses whatever was written into the  .aux
file at the time \label  was called (on the previous run).
Since this is the modified  \theenumi , that is what the
appropriate  \ref  commands will use.

>> Best,
>> Peter

>>> \begin{enumerate}[T1.]
>>> \item ...\label{T1}
>>> \item ...\label{T2}
>>> \item ...\label{T3}
>>> \end{enumerate}
>>>
>>> Now, I want to use \eqref{T2} or \ref{T2}, or some other
>>> reference tool, to get as an answer "T2", without the quotes of
>>> course, and without the dot that appears in the item label. As it
>>> stands, these produce "(2)" and "2" respectively.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au