[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problems after LaTeX upgrade

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:18:18 CEST 2006

On 5/4/06, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> By the way, Morten, looking at changes.txt in the latest LaTeX
> graphics package (as installed by Gerben's LaTeX Updater i-Package
> at /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/, and
> available on CTAN at <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/
> required/graphics/>) I see:
>
> > 2005-11-14 Morten Hoegholm <latex-bugs at latex-project.org>
> > [...]
> >       * graphics.dtx: Added support for dvipdfmx and XeTeX.
>
> and indeed graphics.sty contains:
>
> > \DeclareOption{dvipdfmx}{\def\Gin at driver{dvipdfmx.def}}

Guilty! :-)

> But there is no dvipdfmx.def driver file in the graphics package, and
> I couldn't find any at the dvipfmx site <http://project.ktug.or.kr/
> dvipdfmx>.

As explained in the News Issue, we merely provide support for these
driver files, we do not distribute (all of) them.

IIRC, there is a dvipdfmx.def somewhere - I just know I've seen it -
so I decided to just add support for it straight away.

> Could it be that its absence is causing the problem? Where can it be
> retrieved?

No that will not lead to any errors except if you actually use the
option without having it installed.

Morten