[OS X TeX] Pointers for a "liturgical text" style?

Daryl Basil Biberdorf darylb at pobox.com
Wed May 3 16:09:40 CEST 2006

I've been looking here, as well as other places, for some time
in search of a package that will allow the creation of liturgical
texts with the various participants indicated in the margins
(sort of like margin notes), with the text in the main body of the

Something like:

Priest:  O God, save Thy people, and bless Thine

Choir:   We have seen the true Light! We have re-
          ceived the heavenly Spirit! ...

I tried doing it with various tables packages, but
they are unwieldy, especially since most of them don't
tolerate the body text spanning pages.

Does any style that does this exist already? Alternatively,
what styles would be good bases to start from, to build a new

Basil Biberdorf