[OS X TeX] man potrace

John Rawnsley J.Rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 22:57:34 CEST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006, at 21:34, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Am 31.03.2006 um 22.09 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
>
>> There is no man page for potrace, AFAIK.
>
> I'm puzzled. In the README I'm reading
> ===== 8>< =====
>   USAGE
>
>   For more detailed usage information, see the man page.
> ===== ><8 =====
> So I thought a man page exists.

According to Gerben's notes in the potrace ii-package there is
a man page - he quotes from it :-) and it really is there

   jhr at Beano(ttyp1)[~]% locate potrace
   /usr/local/bin/potrace
   /usr/local/man/man1/potrace.1

The problem here is that Tiger no longer looks in /usr/local/man
for man pages, rather it looks in /usr/local/share/man so it
does not see anything in /usr/local/man.

I get around this by making /usr/local/man be a symbolic link
to /usr/local/share/man.

Alternatively you can manually set the MANPATH variable to something
like

/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/X11R6/man

in your .profile or .login, or edit /usr/share/misc/man.conf.

John

--
  John Rawnsley * <http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/staff/jhr.html>