[OS X TeX] avoid space when pasting in TeXShop

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Fri Mar 31 19:02:47 CEST 2006

On Mar 31, 2006, at 10:36 AM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

>  - if you double-click TEST, and TEST is a word by itself (spaces/
> newlines surround it), then pasting *will* include the spaces.

Hm, this certainly seems to be a "feature" in NSTextView, the view
that TeXShop is using. If you select the word by double-clicking, it
seems to understand that you selected a word and will insert it
"smartly", adding spaces as it sees appropriate. Same thing happens
in TextEdit.

Very interesting...

My guess then is that this can not be easily turned off, i.e. it is
not something TeXShop is doing, it's the system's behavior.
> Regards,
>
> Justin

Haris