[OS X TeX] avoid space when pasting in TeXShop

Jan Hegewald rurapente at gmx.de
Fri Mar 31 16:36:12 CEST 2006

Hello all,
when I paste a word in TeXShop's editor there is sometimes a space
character (" ") inserted before or behind the word. This is kind of a
feature when one inserts a new word into a sentence. But is really
annoying when the space is inserted where none should be.
Example:
- copy the word "TEST" so you can paste it later
- pasting into "foo bar" gives "foo TEST bar"  % great, I don't need
to add the additional space myself
- pasting into "\ref{fig:foo}" gives "\ref{fig: TEST foo}"  % this is
bad and really time consuming to fix

Does anyone know a way to disable this "feature" (which might not be
TeXShop's but NSTextView's fault).

TIA,
-- Jan