[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 31 09:03:33 CEST 2006

Le 31 mars 06 à 07:41, V.Yu.Shavrukov a écrit :

> I've looked into Quartz Filtres in ColorSync Utility.  The only
> documentation I found was ColorSync help and "Color Management on
> Tiger Techology Overview".  Both are somewhat cryptic on filtre
> composition.  As a result I may not be fully appreciating the
> difference between appointing a default profile and assigning a
> profile, nor do I have any understanding of the correct order to
> apply filtering steps.  Do you know if one can find a more detailed
> coverage somewhere?

A very useful introduction to ColorSync and Quartz filters IMHO,
though probably not of the technical depth you're looking for, was
provided on pp. 312--317 in ch. 9 of "Mac OS X Panther in a
Nutshell". Unfortunately it was part of the stuff, intermediate
between OS X basics and Unix-geek stuff, that was removed in "Mac OS
X Tiger in a Nutshell", apparently for no reason --- or was it to
prevent overlap with other O'Reilly titles on OS X? In any case, such
removal makes "Mac OS X Tiger in a Nutshell" pretty useless IMHO, and
a waste of 50 € or so in my case --- should have ordered the LaTeX
Companion 2nd Edition instead.