[OS X TeX] WinEdit for Mac

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:51:12 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at iwu.edu> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2006, at 9:37 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> > On 3/28/06, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think so, he wants to click :-)
> >
> Words fail me.

Calling him names is MY priviledge.

> I think it would be interesting to see him spend a month in a remote
> island with nothing but a terminal window. :-)
>
> How about LyX then?

May be

> Or TeXtures?

Old TeXtures AFAIK were not a clickton paradise

> Haven't used either of them personally, but I imagine them as the
> kind of program our friend would like.
> I too would recommend that your colleague become acquainted with
> TeXShop,

Since TS is my personal choice I installed it

> and buy a good LaTeX reference tool. He will not regret it.

Out of question. His another question "How do you copy and paste in
email application"

> I also came from WinEdt when I moved from the PC to the Mac, and
> found myself quite at home with TeXShop for some time. Then I enjoyed
> a short fling with ITeXMac, followed by torrid affairs with various
> flavors of emacs, before moving to TextMate, where I have finally
> settled down.
>
> In what sense is iTeXMac complicated?

Very complicated. For him. F.e. it starts from project.

> >                            Victor
>
> PS: Just out of curiosity, what prompted your colleague to move to
> the mac platform? If he is the kind of person that likes "busy"
> interfaces, he'll be hardly at home on the mac.

His wife got Mac for him. May be because his junior have seen my Mac :-)