[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

david craig dac at panix.com
Sat Mar 25 04:33:10 CET 2006

Thanks for the pointer.  It accomplished what I wished.

Still, there is clearly a difference between "white" and "transparent".
For example, equations dragged from LaTeXIt have a transparent or
nonexistent or whatever background, while in all previous methods I have
used the pdf's generated have a white background.  (Hell, taking one of
LaTeXIt's eqn pdfs and opening it in GraphicConverter and re-saving
turns the transparent background to white.)

Is there any tool for going the other way?  Or any way in pdftex to tell
it to produce a transparent background?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> One more secret: there is texhax at tug.org group (and other) which is
> much more suitable for non-Mac specific questions.

Fair enough, but to be fair, when I asked it I wasn't sure whether it
was a TeX question, a pdf question, a LaTeXiT question, or what.  (It
would be nice if LaTeXiT let you set a background color as easily as the
text color!)

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>