[OS X TeX] CocoAspel 2.0.2 is missing misspelled words

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 24 14:40:32 CET 2006

Le 24 mars 06 à 13:57, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 24.03.2006 um 10:54 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> Now, how to combine the "extra-dicts" option with the OS X
>> Spelling pane design is unclear to me. cocoAspell does not offer
>> any GUI for this. Nor is it known whether this is possible: the
>> design of the OS X spelling service might be incompatible with
>> extra-dicts.
>
> [...] there is /usr/local/etc/aspell.conf in which you'll find a
> block:
>
> 	# extra-dicts (list)
> 	#   extra dictionaries to use
>
> and an entry *might* be of the format
>
> 	extra-dicts <extra dictionary name 1> <extra dictionary name 2> ...
>
> But this is as useless as the personal dictionary's file name
> because there does not seem to be a way to make a difference
> between language A and language B -- or *is* this the option to do
> multi-lingual spell-checking at once?!

It seems Anton Leuski has provided us with a way to solve this issue.
It doesn't seem documented (or at least I don't know where), but the
default config file /usr/local/etc/aspell.conf is actually superseded
by user- and dictionary-specific files inside ~/Library/Preferences/
cocoAspell/.

For example, in this folder there is on my setup a config file
en.conf containing settings for the English dictionary. By specifying
an extra-dicts settings in this file, which does contain:

# extra-dicts (list)
#   extra dictionaries to use

I imagine one could make "English [version_0]" be added to the
English dictionary.

Bruno Voisin

PS I'm cc'ing Anton Leuski, in case he is no longer a member of this
list and has missed this thread.