[OS X TeX] Track Changes - Functionality for collaborative work

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Fri Mar 24 10:25:25 CET 2006

>WZ> (4) tex4ht (in order to produce an html file, read this in Word and
>WZ>     produce a .doc file):

>WZ> I ran htlatex filename "html,0" as indicated by Bob and it ran OK up  to
>WZ> the end. This package seems to be able to convert everyting in  my .tex
>WZ> file, even jurabib. But I got no html output file.

>WZ> The log file first goes through all the packages, then displays a lot  of
>WZ> Notes - for ("this and that") use the command line option ("this  or
>WZ> that")', then calls a lot of files with extension .4ht, then goes  into
>WZ> Page layout dimensions and switches. The last part of the log is  as
>WZ> indicated 5 lines below, here I find some hints that might give  you a
>WZ> clue.
>WZ> Where is the problem ?
[...]
>WZ> pdfTeX error (ext1): \pdfsavepos used while \pdfoutput is not set.
>WZ> \@PDFSYNC ->\relax \ifPDFSYNCOK \pdfsavepos
>WZ>                                              \immediate \write  \PDFPOS

It seems there is some pdflatex code executed which shouldn't when running
tex4ht. So you use some package which only works with pdflatex. You should
make this conditional.
Also it might be a better road to let tex4ht generate Openoffice.org code
and the use OOo to convert to Word.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>