[OS X TeX] CocoAspel 2.0.2 is missing misspelled words

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 24 07:44:44 CET 2006

Le 24 mars 06 à 02:25, polverone a écrit :

> I have it set for “bad spellers” in the System
> Preferences window and the dictionary is English
> [variant_0].  The TeX/LaTeX filtering option is
> selected.

Have you tried using another of the available English dictionaries?
For example, the standard English dictionary?

As usual with Aspell, the available dictionaries are very poorly
documented; selecting one dictionary then hitting "About this
dictionary..." brings up very a uninformative copyright file, not
telling anything about what differentiates one dictionary from
another. The only info we get is that the standard English dictionary
was built with:

en-common.rws
en_US-wo_accents-only.rws
en_GB-ise-wo_accents-only.rws

while English [variant_0] was built with:

en-variant_0.rws

Thus it seems "English" and "English [varaiant_0]" are very different
from each other; what exactly the difference is, I've no idea.