[OS X TeX] Track Changes - Functionality for collaborative work

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Mar 23 21:48:41 CET 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Alex wrote:

> Two pricey solutions:
>
> (a) Adobe Acrobat (v6 or v7, Pro or Standard) > File > Save As... >
> Format: Microsoft Word Document.
>
> [...]

I have Acrobat 7 and had not realized you can save as word document.
So I tried it with a pdf generated through pdflatex:

1. For some reason, the text in the word file has been rotated 90
degrees (i.e. is is printed landscape,although page setup in Word
says that the orientation is portrait). The graphs have not been
rotated.
2. The math did not survive.
3. The word document has 63 pages while the original pdf has 33
(several pages in the word file are nearly empty).

In short, you should probably ask your secretary to make the
conversion by hand...

Themis