[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT/Omnigraffle 4/Linkback puzzle

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Fri Mar 17 23:48:29 CET 2006

I've been creating complex diagrams in Omnigraffle with objects
containing LaTeX-typeset text created with LaTeXiT 1.7.0. If I double
click one of those objects in Omnigraffle, I get the appropriate
LaTeXiT version via Linkback (this is great!). However, if I edit the
LaTeX material and re-typeset, the corresponding object in
Omnigraffle is stretched to match the dimensions of the object before
editing. I can correct this by using the Image inspector in
Omnigraffle to give "Natural size" to the object (this wasn't the
easiest workaround to find...). Any ideas of what is going on? I
believe that the correct behavior should be that a changed object
should be reinserted in Omnigraffle with its natural dimensions. My
guess is that the combo is trying to be "helpful" and preserve any
stretch applied previously to the object (including no stretch) by
preserving dimensions, instead of by preserving stretch factors.

Thanks

-- F