[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Mar 16 17:00:19 CET 2006

Le 16 mars 06 à 15:39, Jérôme Laurens a écrit :

> Actually, there is indeed a mean to avoid switching dictionaries,
> you just have to organize your work more efficiently. You can
> either learn spelling :-(

Done. A long time ago.

But that's not how I see spell checkers. I'm using them to catch
typos, caused by typing things too fast -- because of being generally
in a rush -- and looking at the keys not at the screen -- because of
being an incompetent typist --. Then, to ensure correct spelling and
grammar for thought-out documents (scientific papers, technical
reports and the like), nothing beats IMO spell checking the old way:
re-reading the document carefully, preferably based on a printed
version (because I can't be critical of something displayed on a
screen).

But for email, which I generally won't have time to re-read before
sending, and for which rapidity of communication is often more
important than spelling and composition, I rely on spell checkers
almost exclusively.