[OS X TeX] mfpic and conversion MP to PDF

¿istein ANDERSEN oeandersen at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 15 23:00:28 CET 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 4:5PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> The entries in the log are standard and only indicate that the graphics have been found and loaded. [...]
> When I use mfpic the graphics are loaded on the fly.

Simple graphics are indeed loaded quickly; however, the speed seems to be highly dependent on the complexity of the figure.

On 15 Mar 2006, at 7:43PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> Export the metapost figures, run through mpost, use mptopdf to create the equivalent pdf figures, and include those instead.

This works as long as any text is handled by mpost, which is not a problem for me. This method also prevents the figures (i.e. the mfpic code creating them) from being an integrated part of the (La)TeX document. Again, this is not a concern in my case, so this solves my initial problem.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

--
Øistein E. Andersen