[OS X TeX] Handling EPS files

Stefan Walsen stefan at walsen.net
Wed Mar 15 20:16:17 CET 2006

Hello Josep,

On 15. Mrz 2006, at 18:26 Uhr, Josep M. Font wrote:
> However, I had previously tried to do
>
> apply epstopdf *.eps
>
> and I got a "permission denied" reply; more precisely, I got a line:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/epstopdf:
> Permission denied.
>
> for each of the EPS files to process. Usign sudo did not solve this.
>
> Does this make any sense ? Is this to be expected ? Is there
> something wrong with my installation or configuration ? I use
> MacOSX 10.4.5, TeXShop 2.09a, and the gwTeX installation is fairly
> recent as well.
Yes, something must be wrong with your installation or configuration:
Your epstopdf script does not have the "executable" bit set.
I do not know what the cause for this problem is, but it should go
away if you issue the command

sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
epstopdf

in Terminal.app .

Stefan