[OS X TeX] Timing problem resolved

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Mar 15 14:30:08 CET 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 2:36 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 15 mars 06 à 09:26, Joanna Rycko a écrit :
>
>> Am 14.03.2006 um 22:58 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>>
>>> \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.jpg,.pdf}  % for pdfTeX
>>> %\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps}  % for TeX + dvips + GhostScript
>>
>> If you use the package "ifthen", you can write it as follows:
>>
>> \ifpdf
>>    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.jpg,.pdf}
>> \else
>>    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.eps}
>> \fi
>>
>> Then it won't be necessary to remove and put the comments, every
>> time you change the compiler between LaTeX and pdfLaTeX.
>
> Do you mean the package "ifpdf", by any chance?
>
> In any case, thanks for the tip. I was aware of this switch ifpdf,
> but I simply hadn't thought of using it here. Silly me!
>
> Bruno

Howdy,

Have I just been lucky? In the Applekeys package I put both .eps
and .pdf versions of some of the apple keys. I require the graphicx
package to load but never force it into dvips versus pdftex mode nor
do I have a \DeclareGraphicsExtension command. The correct extension
is automatically chosen.

The only thing I'd use the \ifpdf for is if I was only given .eps
files and I would have to include the epstopdf package in pdflatex
but not in latex+dvips+distiller.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)