[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 15 12:41:53 CET 2006

Le 15 mars 06 à 12:07, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 15.03.2006 um 02:05 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> At one time it couldn't work with Check as You Type; I believe
>> this now works; but maybe not any better than the system spell
>> checker.
>
> For me neither aspell is launched to do spell checking nor any of
> its dictionaries can be used from the check spelling service. Mac
> OS X 10.4.5, all two security updates, German.

Did you install cocoAspell <http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/>?

If you did, it should have created, without any further action on
your part, a Spelling pref panel in System Preferences. There, you
have a Dictionaries tab allowing you to select aspell dictionaries
for appearance in the Spelling panel of GUI OS X applications, and to
select filters for each dictionary (including a TeX/LaTeX filter).
You also have a Filters tab, allowing you to add/remove/modify
commands for inclusion in the filters.

No Intel version yet, though a newly added (March 14) note on the web
page says it will come as soon as Anton Leuski (the developer) gets
an Intel Mac, sometimes later this month.