[OS X TeX] Textures

J. McKenzie Alexander jalex at lse.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 13:38:08 CET 2006

I don't know how many people are still following the development of
Textures, but I noticed that they posted an update on their news page
yesterday.  What I was most interested in was the reported speed:
"We know that many are interested in the performance of the Intel
platform, so we report these times for native Textures to compile the
494 pages of The TeXbook: 1.33 seconds (G5 @ 2.0GHz); 1.1 seconds
(MacBook Pro @ 1.83GHz)."

I've never tried to compile The TeXbook myself (under any platform)
so I don't know if these times are impressive or not. They certainly
*sound* impressive.