[OS X TeX] edit Fortran code in Texshop

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Wed Mar 8 09:46:13 CET 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 2:29 AM, Steffen Hokland wrote:
>> Now I am used to use Texshop for word process. I am wondering if
>> there is a mod such that when Texshop opens Fortran code or Matlab
>> code, it will highlight those key words.
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'keywords' but if you're thinking
> about Fortran and Matlab syntax highlighting, I'm certain that that
> isn't included in TeXShop. I don't think that it will either, since
> it's not intended to be a general purpose editor. Why not use
> TextWrangler? Fortran syntax will be supported (I think) as
> standard, and you can certainly find Matlab support somewhere on
> the net.

I hope this is not inappropriate, but I would like to mention
TextMate at this point (I think it was already mentioned in the
past). It is not free like TextWrangler, but reasonably prized for
what it can do, and really spectacular in what it can do (in my
opinion). I am not the developer for it, though I do a lot of work in
the LaTeX "bundle" part of it. It has some Fortran support, though
not sure how good it is. Comes with a 30 day fully functional test
period. It could actually be set to syntax highlight Fortran code in
LaTeX lstlisting environments etc.
You can see some of what it can do in a couple of screecasts I've
prepared, that can be found here:
http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/category/mac-os-x/textmate/

Let me just emphasize again that I do not have anything to gain, I
just happen to have found my life completely changed since I started
using TextMate, and hence "advertize" it when I get the chance. My
apologies if this post is in any way inappropriate.

> HTH,
> Steffen

Haris