[OS X TeX] increased memory allocation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 7 20:45:37 CET 2006

On Mar 4, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Miriam Belmaker wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Yes.. I open in bibdesk.. no error.. it is not a bib file problem
> or bibtex problem.I can run my program on any unix computer but
> then I have to bring together all the styles etc.. I would much
> rather increase the memory allocation in my own i-installer tex.  I
> understand that this is a very common problem.     I would like to
> increase the pool_size.. I know this is the problem but I don't
> know how to do it.  I know I need to go into usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf   in the terminal and to edit it.. but that's
> where I get stomped.. I need permissions - what are those?  And if
> I can get by what does it mean to recreate the format?   I just
> need a step by step
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Miriam

Howdy,

Have you solved the problem? If you post the log file, as Gerben
suggested, we might have an easier time figuring out what is
happening. Memory problems in TeX usually seem to be from too many
levels of recursion and things like that rather than files being too
large.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)