[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX]

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Mar 6 23:39:45 CET 2006

On 06.03.2006, at 23:29, macmechanic at fastmail.fm wrote:

> do as you wish.
>
> Sorry you did not appreciate my attempt at assistance, but of course
> that is your choice.
>
> Just don't continue to assume that OS X is as secure as I recently did
> -- it's not.
>
> Rene

Although I'm sure you posted this with the best intentions, I think
this list is not the place for this kind of discussion (others may
disagree). Second, I really wonder where all this crap with OSX viri,
worms etc. suddenly comes from. OSX never was inherently bullet proof
or magically secure from any threat. All this discussions during the
last weeks boil down to one thing: Any OS is only as secure as its
user makes it.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick