[OS X TeX] ! LaTeX Error: File `pdfsync.sty' {and topcapt.sty] not found

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Mar 5 15:32:28 CET 2006

Am 05.03.2006 um 15:04 schrieb Arno Kruse:

> I have tried out both ways to produce the glyph (is that correct?) €.

The glyph is the shape, what you type is the character (an encoding
is always on characters -- otherwise every font would have its own
and Unicode or T1 could not exist). Typing one character you can get
regular, bold, small caps, or old-fashioned glyphs, etc.

> The Euro glyphs are significantly different. For my taste eurosym
> produces a much prettier glyph than textcomp. But TeX does not
> allow me to access eurosyms € directly, I must type \euro.

textcomp uses glyphs from the same font as the text is set (i.e.
serif in roman, sans serif in sf, and monospaced in tt), eurosym uses
the € glyphs from Adobe's free Euro Symbol fonts. When typing € (or
\texteuro) of course the glyph is taken from the active font. The
Adobe variants are accessed via \euro.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete