[OS X TeX] increased memory allocation

Miriam Belmaker belmaker at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 4 17:46:40 CET 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to complete my thesis (due next week) and am really in
distress.. my bib file will not compile. I am working with TexShop
and i-Installer tex on Tiger. My file is rather large and I have a
large bib file.. after reinstalling all the latest versions etc.. the
file was properly typeset on another computer with FINK with a memory
allocation of 200000. I presume this is the problem.. How do I
increase the memory allocation of my tex?  I got this info
" Edit /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and recreate the
formats" but I am not unix savvy and I need a step by step
instructions using the terminal... I also could move to use  OzTex
and AlphTk (I heard their memory allocations are better), but  OzTex
can't find my style files..(using TexShop, I just put them in a
single folder with my bib and tex files).

Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated,

Miriam