[OS X TeX] How to typeset latex.ltx?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 4 16:03:13 CET 2006

On 4 Mar 2006, at 15:30, Rechtsanwalt Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> I've tried to typeset latex.ltx but it failed:

[snip]

> Can you tell me the way to typeset this file, if possible without
> change the privilegues and without to copy the file or the complete
> directory into another write enabled direcktory?

Why? Note that latex.ltx is already stripped, so you don't get the
documented source anyway. Get the real thing from CTAN (i.e. the dtx
files for the latex macro package) and typeset that.

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/base/ and get that whole
directory, typeset all .dtx files and you probably get what you
wanted in the first place.

Maarten