[OS X TeX] adjusting TexShop's Bibliography macro

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 2 22:24:43 CET 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> after the first latex-run, I get an error "I couldn't open file
> name `Magister_0.4.tex.aux'"

This is the hint about what is wrong. What is passed ($1) to the
script is the full name (including the .tex or .ltx extension ---
since either extension is valid!) so you've got to strip it out. Try
this:

#!/bin/sh
basefname=$(basename "$1" .tex)
pdflatex --shell-escape "$1"
makeindex -c -s indexkorr.ist "${basefname}".idx
pdflatex --shell-escape "$1"

which may be a bit different if you use tcsh. Note that you don't
have to set the path since it is set correctly before the script is
called.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)