[OS X TeX] aspell in carbon emacs while TeXing

Chris Swoyer fswoyer at cox.net
Thu Mar 2 17:41:29 CET 2006

I'm running TeX from the Carbon Emacs version of Sept 25 with
the latest version of Tiger on a non-intel mac G5. I have the
following lines in my emacs start-up file:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)   ;;spell check as we go

(define-key global-map "\C-cd" 'ispell-word)  ;;to fix flagged word

There were carry overs from an earlier version of emacs. They
flyspell works fine, but the 'ispell-word no longer does (I've
tried other key bindings for it, and none work). I'd originally
had a path name for apsell as well, but it didn't work with this
version of emacs and indeed it works ok without it. This must be
a FAQ, but I couldn't find the answer with the obvious searches.

Should I change something in/add something to the start-up file?

Thanks,
Chris