[OS X TeX] TeXShop drawer highlighted words

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 2 17:03:49 CET 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 9:40 AM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> I can't believe you've tried what you wrote before you wrote it:
>
> If I am in the Found List, indeed I can use the Arrow keys to go
> from one to the next item. And there is a color difference between
> the item selected and the others listed.
> But using the Tab key marks the left most item in my preview window
> up in the toolbar (this is here "before" button), using it again
> will mark the next item (the "next" button) and so on... Shift key
> goes from right to left.
>
> But my problem was the word that is highlighted down in the preview
> window (which are the ones that are listed in the found list).
> These are always just highlighted in light grey, no matter which
> key I press.
>
> There should be a command to change this, no?
>
> Steffen

Howdy,

Yes, I did try it!

It may have something to do with the items you have in your Preview
Toolbar. On my system, if I have an item in the list highlighted (I
use a green highlight color) I can move up/down the list using the up/
down arrow keys. This action highlights the search item, in gray, in
the Preview window. To get my usual highlight color in the Preview
window I press Tab once and that puts the focus on the pdf Preview
window and the highlighted item is no in my regular highlight color.
If I continue pressing the Tab key I start to highlight (i.e., put
the focus on) different boxes on the Toolbar, eventually getting back
to the Find box and then the Found List. You Order May Vary.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)