[OS X TeX] Building new LaTeX formats w/ OS X Textures

J. McKenzie Alexander jalex at lse.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 12:34:03 CEST 2006

I'm trying to build (or \dump) the most recent version of LaTeX to
use with OS X Textures.  I've downloaded the base directory from CTAN
but, after having unpacking and processed all the *.ins files, I'm a
bit stuck at what to do next.

I've created an empty file in Textures, saved it to the 'base' folder
containing all the input files for LaTeX, switched the typesetter to
VirTeX, and then typed

	\input latex.ltx

in the editor window.

What I get is the following error message:

> This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (INITEX)  29 JUN 2006 11:30
> (foo.tex (latex.ltx (texsys.cfg)
> ! Bad texsys.cfg file: \@currdir .
> <argument> ...expand \@currdir }
>                                 \@@end
> l.175 ...expand\@currdir}\@@end}
>
> texsys.cfg specifies the current directory syntax to be
> macro:->:
> but this does not work on this system.
> Remove texsys.cfg and restart.
>
>  )
> (\end occurred inside a group at level 1)
> (\end occurred when \ifeof on line 175 was incomplete)
> (\end occurred when \ifx on line 158 was incomplete)
> No pages of output.
> 0.0323 user 0.0577 system 0.0888 elapsed.

Am I doing something wrong?  If so, would someone please tell me
where I might find documentation on how to do this?

Thanks,

Jason
--
J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method