[OS X TeX] making pictures, was "Should I install X11"

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Fri Jun 23 17:12:26 CEST 2006

Le 23 juin 06 à 11:13, Robert Bruner a écrit :

> This seems conceptually similar to XYpic:   write code to produce the
> picture you want.  Does anyone have experience with both in order to
> compare them?  Is it apples vs oranges, or apples vs herring?

I'd go for the former... XYpic is very powerful, but rather terse and
hard to manoeuvre. XYpics PDF integration is a bit lacking. On the
other hand tikz/pgf is a bit less powerful (try drawing an arrow that
connects a graph node to iself) but far easier to use...

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)