[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated (foo-sys/foo workaround, font map search improvement)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 23 15:41:01 CEST 2006

Le 23 juin 06 à 14:08, Franck Pastor a écrit :

> One more question: suppose I don't change this texmf.cnf file. If I
> want to keep my new font files (.map, .pfa, etc.) installed in my
> personal directory (i.e. HOMETEXMF, which means ~/Library/texmf, I
> presume), what should I do with updmap ?

If I understood things correctly (but that's really a big
assumption), formerly:

sudo -H updmap-sys  ->  reads only from texmf.local, and writes in
texmf.local

sudo updmap-sys  ->  reads from both texmf.local and ~/Library/texmf,
and writes in texmf.local

With now updmap being equivalent to updmap-sys, I guess "sudo
updmap" (without the -H option) would do for you. Is this correct?

If that is indeed correct, editing texmf.cnf is required only if you
want a completely personal setup, with updmap both reading and
writing in ~/Library/texmf (for example in case you have strictly
personal fonts, that you don't want other account owners on your Mac
to see).

Again, is this interpretation correct?