[OS X TeX] Invisible character

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 22 20:30:05 CEST 2006

On 22 Jun 2006, at 7:15 pm, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Yes but, while I found where to insert
>
>    & "xxxxxx" & return
>
> in the macro to get
>
>    \begin{center}
>              xxxxxx
>              \begin{tabular}{@{} ccc @{}}
>              etc
>
> when I replace xxxxxx by \catcode`\•=\active \def•{} I get the
> Applescript Error:
>
>    Expected """ but found unknown token.

Ah, this is AppleScript, isn't it; in quoted strings, backslash is
special, so you need to double them (see the other strings in the
macro). So the added text needs to read:

	& "\\catcode`\\•=\\active \\def•{} & return

And if you put it on a separate line, don't forget the line
continuation character ¬, generated by Option-L (at least on a US
English keyboard). Again, compare the surrounding text.

HTH,

JK