[OS X TeX] Invisible character

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:58:22 CEST 2006

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>> P.S. to Schulz:
>> 1) Robertson's macros do use the bullet as place-holder. But,
>> occasionally, I use "sparse" tables in which I "leave [many place-
>> holders] as-is" hence my quest for an invisible place-holder.
>>

> Howdy,
>
> I actually prefer something that will stick out like a sore thumb in
> my output so I can tell at a glance that I might have forgotten
> something.

In a sparse table, that's a lot of sore thumbs and moreover, eventually,
I forget about them and end up printing them to the great puzzlement of
the readers.

> I use the • as a `Tab' marker in my CommandCompletion.txt file and
> also supplied a couple of Applescript Macros that jump between the
> `Tabs' for easier completion fill-in. There is a line in the macros
> that is commented out: if you un-comment it the macros will find \emph
> {and delete} the next/previous `Tab' so you can easily get rid of
> unwanted `Tabs' and clean up the file.
>
> I actually have both versions as separate macros. You can get the
> files from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2> as CommandCompletion.zip
> if you want to try it out.

I want and I will but I had stayed away from CommandCompletion because I
thought I wasn't up to it in case anything went wrong—and you wouldn't
believe the number of things that do around here.

Regards
--schremmer