[OS X TeX] Should I install X11 ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 22 17:36:21 CEST 2006

Am 22.06.2006 um 16:42 schrieb Josep M. Font:

> This may *seem* to be OT, but I think it is not. The question is:
> Is it advisable to install X11 on a newly bought MacBookPro just
> received ?

For me there is one reason (to be correct: two, i.e. two different
versions) to install X11: GNU Emacs. There is no better TeX editor
around. OK, I have also use for xrmap (poor man's GoogleEarth),
FontForge, SunClock, GKrellm ...

There isn't much you gain from installing X11. Maybe some experience.
And in the end you might end with  my application to make X11 a bit
more useful. (http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/ -> Applications Table)

--
Greetings

   Pete