[OS X TeX] [OT] Matrixes (Matrices)?

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 21:07:06 CEST 2006

--- Alain Schremmer <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Williams wrote:
>

> > Asking that we remain on-topic is not the same as censorship.
>
> Yes it is. For as long as I have been on this list, there has been a
> considerable mix of topics and the list has been remarkably stable and
> diversity is what makes it stable and trying to do a bit of "cleansing"
> would be just as counter-productive as in the ethnic case.

You can't seriously be comparing someone's request to remain on-topic to
ethnic cleansing can you?? Sheesh. Take a deep breath and try to maintain
composure before sending your message. I'm sure you would prefer to sway
people by the reasonableness of your arguments and not to intimidate a poster
by comparing him to someone who practices ethnic cleansing. You are the one
who doesn't favor inhibiting people from posting, right?

To get back on topic, that is off topic, I'm not personally in favor of
wildly off topic posts either and would be happy if they didn't happen. But,
this issue seems to come up every six months or so and nothing ever really
changes anyway. It just doesn't seem important enough to waste time and
bandwidth over (and it inevitably wastes a fair amount of bandwidth).

Mark A