[OS X TeX] LucidaBright Fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 21 15:58:33 CEST 2006

Am 21.06.2006 um 15:22 schrieb Leslie W Morland:

> Now  ran updmap and saw messages of form
>
> /usr/    /texmf    directory not writeable
>
>  rm/var/temp/texfonts   permission denied
>
> Then ran updmap-sys and got messages of form

Make decision whether you or whole system will have access.

If only you, then 'updmap --enable Map=<MAP file fragment>' is right.
Otherwise this is better: 'sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map=<MAP file
fragment>'!

To choose right MAP file fragments, decide whether you or system want
(s) font names in Karl Berry or Y&Y style. In former case the MAP
file fragments are:

	lucidabr-k.map
	lumath-k.map

In latter case they are:

	lucidabr.map
	lumath.map

Of course you can decide Karl Berry style for system and Y&Y style
for you. Or otherwise.

Beware of old files in ~/Library/texmf/web2c and in ~/Library/texmf/
fonts/map/*/updmap when first decision goes for whole system!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the
impurities in our air and water that are doing it."