[OS X TeX] Slightly OT: BibDesk + PDF drop

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jun 21 04:53:22 CEST 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 04:40, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Christian Heine wrote:
>> Dragging a PDF file from the Desktop to the main publications list
>> window.
>>
>> I just realised that it only takes very long to respond when a
>> file is dragged onto the main publications window from a place
>> that is _not_ set as "Auto file" location. If the file resides
>> already in the auto file folder, then it's pretty snappy.
>
> I can confirm this problem. It happens when I drag the pdf onto a
> publication in the publications table. If I drag it to the open
> record of the publication, the pdf is transferred quickly.

Thanks to Christian and Themis for debugging assistance on this; it
only occurs if you drop a file from the Finder on a particular row of
the main publication table (which has enough information to activate
autofile).  This appears to be a limitation of the way the Finder
services events.

I've checked in a workaround that will be in the next nightly build.
If you drop on an editor window or drag from Preview's window title
bar (for instance), the problem won't occur.

-- Adam