[OS X TeX] [OT] Matrixes (Matrices)?

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 18:39:22 CEST 2006

Apologize for the off topic message, but I figured I could actually
get more accurate answer here since it is slightly technical ... very
slightly. :P

I got a LaTeX document from some anonymous reader. In the document,
the word "matrices" are all spelled as "matrixes". I was wondering in
which languages it is spelled like this?

And again. TeXShop's built-in spell checker (invoked from the OS, as I
learned from this list) didn't catch this word ... not because it's
incapable, but because it's quite unresponsive :-(

JT