[OS X TeX] Powerpoint to eps

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 20 00:25:39 CEST 2006

Le 20 juin 06 à 00:05, Loganathan Lingappan a écrit :

> I use microsoft powerpoint for drawing flowcharts, logic circuits, and
> sometimes tables. I already have a larger number of such figures.  I
> can open these in MAC OSX using powerpoint but dont know how to
> convert them to eps to include them in a document compiled using
> Latex. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have Keynote (part of Apple's iWork)? When you open a
PowerPoint presentation in Keynote, it is converted into a Keynote
file bundle. Namely, the Keynote file looks like a file but is
actually a folder (as revealed by Ctrl-Clicking it then selecting
"Show Package Contents"). In this folder you will see collections of
files in PNG, TIFF, JPEG etc. formats, which correspond to the
figures extracted from in the PowerPoint presentation. I just tried
this, and obtained a Keynote bundle containing a file image.pict
corresponding to a PowerPoint organizational chart and a file
lastSoftwareRendering.tiff corresponding to a PowerPoint flowchart.

Afterwards, you can include figures in the PDF, JPEG and PNG formats
in a LaTeX document using pdfTeX, and figures in any format
recognized by QuickTime (the above plus PICT, TIFF, etc.) using XeTeX.